Articles, Blog

Veteran Copayments – Making Payments

March 4, 2020

♪♪ After a Veteran receives care
from either a VA medical center or a community provider,
Veterans may be charged a VA copayment for
non-service-connected care and for urgent care. VA copayments
are based on the type of health care you receive, your financial
situation, and other factors. To make a payment, make sure you
have the following information available: Veteran’s name and
account number (the account number is located at the top of
your billing statement); payer’s name, telephone number, and
email address; payment amount; bank account, debit, or credit
card information. There are four ways to make a
payment. You can pay online, by phone, in person, or by mail. To
pay online, visit On the homepage of the website,
click the link for making a VA medical care copayment and enter
the required information. If paying by personal check, the
bank’s routing number is needed in addition to the account
number. To pay by phone, call this number and provide the
required information. To pay in person, visit the agent
cashier’s office at your local VA medical center. To pay by
mail, send your payment to the remittance address on the
billing statement. Please note the following if you
are paying by check or money order: Make the check or money
order payable to “VA”; include the account number and payment
coupon. VA is required by law to assess
late charges, including interest and administrative fees, on
account balances that remain unpaid 30 days after the first
billing statement date. To avoid late charges, make sure to pay
the balance in full by the due date on the first billing
statement. After 30 days, late charges, in the form of interest
and administrative fees, will be added to the account monthly
until the balance is paid in full. There are options
available to assist Veterans who are experiencing financial
difficulties. For information on the options
available, please contact one of the following at your local VA
medical facility: facility revenue office; patient
advocate; or enrollment coordinator. Or call this phone
number. If you have a concern with
copayments applied to your account, you can dispute the
copayments. You can submit a dispute by
doing the following: Write a letter explaining why the
copayment or balance may not be correct; write “Billing Dispute”
on the envelope; submit the dispute in person or by mail to
your local VA medical center to the attention of the facility
revenue office. To learn more about copayments
and making payments, contact your local VA medical facility
or call VA at this number. You can also visit our website
for more information.

No Comments

Leave a Reply